These are very good. I made these for Father's Day for my father, and he absolutely LOVED these. He said that out of all the brownies that he has ever tasted, these are the best , hands down. Little does he know that these only took 10 minutes to make. Who has to know? :)
The frosting is optional, but it really complements the taste of the brownie and makes all the difference. I strongly recommend making the frosting, unless you are counting calories. These are FUDGY brownies; not cake-like brownies!!
1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs (or whatever your brownie box calls for. Ghirardelli brownies call for only 1 egg, but most call for 2 eggs.)
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
1 (19.8-oz) box brownie mix
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF; grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
2. Whisk 1/3 cup water, oil, eggs, 2 tablespoons espresso powder, and 1 teaspoon vanilla in a large bowl to blend. Add brownie mix.
3. Stir just until moistened, about 40 strokes. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Bake for about 35 minutes or until a few moist crumbs cling to a toothpick or knife when inserted 2 inches from the edge.
5. Meanwhile, dissolve 2 teaspoons espresso powder in 2 tablespoons water in a medium bowl. Whisk in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
6. Add powdered sugar and butter and whisk until smooth.
7. Pour glaze over brownies and refrigerate until set.
1/2 cup shredded cheddar, parmesan, or mozzarella cheese
salt and pepper, to taste
garlic powder, to taste
Italian seasoning, to taste
1. In an oven-proof saucepan, heat the spaghetti for about 5 minutes on medium heat. (If it has been in the fridge)
2. Meanwhile, in a separate, small-medium sized bowl, beat the eggs with the salt and pepper, garlic powder, and italian seasoning.
3. Once the spaghetti has been heated, add the egg mixture and cook, stirring the mixture as if making an omelette(move spaghetti, and tip pan to let raw egg cover bottom. Repeat on all sides of pan.) Keep doing this until bottom egg is cooked.
4. Sprinkle shredded cheese over frittata. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake frittata at 375ºF until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
I will have to say that these are THE best cookies
me or my family have ever tasted, no joke. I have made dozens of other cookie recipes, but everyone always prefers these each time. With these cookies, I have gotten on teachers' good sides, as well as family and friends' good sides :) I hope you enjoy baking (and eating) these cookies as much as I do.
This recipe is based off the classic nestle recipe, however, I have modified it to make it MUCH more healthier, and not at all thin or crispy. These are definately soft, chewy peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cold (from fridge)
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tsp honey
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 egg, room temperature
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 cups semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips (ghirardelli is my favorite)
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. In a medium mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
2. Beat butter, peanut butter, applesauce, brown sugar, and granulated sugar on medium speed until creamy, about 3 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla.
3. Gradually beat in flour mixture, on medium low speed, JUST until combined.
4. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-12 minutes or until edges are set but centers are still soft.
This dish is very delicious and simple. It is very easy to prepare this dish right after work, if you are short on time, or if you just enjoy quick and tasty meals.
This is a delicious dish, although if you use Italian Sausage, some types have fennel in it. Keep in mind that if there are picky eaters in the house, this may dislike the fennel for its licorice-like taste.
8 Italian Sweet Sausages
1 (18 oz.) jar Spaghetti Sauce
1 (16 oz.) package Dry Spaghetti
Garlic Powder, to taste
Freshly ground Black Pepper, to taste
1. Cook the Sausage according to package instructions. (I cooked mine on medium heat in a covered pan with a 1/4 cup water about 10 minutes. I let the water evaporate then let them brown for 5 minutes.)
2. Pour the spaghetti sauce into the pan with the sausages and heat thoroughly. Sprinkle with garlic powder and black pepper, to taste.3. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in boiling water until al dente, according to package instructions.
1. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together with hands just until combined. Less handling= NOT a tough burger.
2. Grill on 300°F heat, flipping every 3-5 minutes, until insides are no longer red, about 10-12 minutes.