I will have to say that these are THE best cookies
me or my family have ever tasted, no joke. I have made dozens of other cookie recipes, but everyone always prefers these each time. With these cookies, I have gotten on teachers' good sides, as well as family and friends' good sides :) I hope you enjoy baking (and eating) these cookies as much as I do.

This recipe is based off the classic nestle recipe, however, I have modified it to make it MUCH more healthier, and not at all thin or crispy. These are definately soft, chewy peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.

1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cold (from fridge)
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce

2 tsp honey
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 egg, room temperature
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 cups semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips (ghirardelli is my favorite)

1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. In a medium mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
2. Beat butter, peanut butter, applesauce, brown sugar, and granulated sugar on medium speed until creamy, about 3 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla.
3. Gradually beat in flour mixture, on medium low speed, JUST until combined.
4. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-12 minutes or until edges are set but centers are still soft.

Yield: About 3 dozen cookies
Before I bake my cookies, I like to freeze the dough
for 10-20 minutes, to ensure a thick cookie.