These crescents have the perfect blend of cheesiness, spiciness, and sweetness. The cream cheese provides the perfect flavor to complement the spicy-sweet Italian Sausage's flavor. Oh, and they are absolutely DELICIOUS!
1-lb breakfast sausage (any variety--I used Bob Evans' Sage Pork Breakfast Sausage)
1 8-oz package cream cheese (original or low-fat)
2 (8-ct.) canisters refrigerated crescent roll dough (Pillsbury always works for me)
- Brown and break up the sausage in a medium saucepan. Turn off heat.
- Add the cream cheese to the cooked sausage; stir.
- Unroll and separate the crescent roll dough into triangles;
- Fill each crescent roll dough triangle with about 1-1/2 (one and a half) tablespoons of the sausage-cheese mixture; roll it up crescent roll-style
- Bake for as long as your crescent roll canister's instructions say, (Pillsbury's says about 11 minutes) or until the crescents are golden brown!