This lasagna is soo good. It's like eating a taco, only with 10 times more flavor than one.
1 lb lean ground beef or turkey
1 large onion, coarsely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 large red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans
25 oz. mild salsa
2 tsp taco seasoning
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
12 corn tortillas, 6 inches
1 container cottage cheese
2 cups sharp cheddar or mexican blend cheese, shredded
sour cream (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cook meat with onion in 1 teaspoon olive oil until no longer pink; add garlic for last minute of cooking.
3. Add bell pepper, beans, salsa, taco seasoning, salt, cumin, and oregano; simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
4. Spoon 1 cup meat mixture evenly in bottom of lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
5. Layer 6 tortillas over mixture; top with 1 cup meat mixture.
6. Spoon half of cottage cheese over mixture; sprinkle with 1 cup shredded cheese.
7. Cover with remaining tortillas, meat mixture, and cottage cheese.
8. Cover dish tightly with foil.
9. Bake 20 minutes. Uncover; top with remaining shredded cheese.
10. Broil until cheese is melted and begins to brown and/or bubble on top. Can serve with sour cream.